Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Sentimental

Organizing my garage I found things I thought I'd discarded in response to hurt and anger.

I found unopened mail addressed to John.  Nothing important or significant.  Valentine's Day cards, birthday cards, Mother's Day cards.  I found all the paperwork from our first weekend away together, something I'd kept in the glove box of my car for years.  There was a time in our relationship that was very bad for us, I'd thought I'd thrown everything away.

I am glad my overall organizational skills at home are far from my usual ability.  There is no 'One Place' for each sort of thing.  There are three or more.  For sentimental stuff anyway.

I cried a lot, but I was happy I found it.  I want to try to get things that are just him and store them all together.





No comments:

Post a Comment