Sunday, May 26, 2013

Rested

The last few days have been restful.  I've needed it. 
That week leading up to Mother's Day took a lot out of me.  That and my youngest son kind of driving me crazy.  I was emotionally drained.   




I did get tattooed yesterday.  The final result is different than what I'd originally considered.  The layout is different.  I love it. 

While my outline was being done there was one area that triggered tears.  Not due to pain in anyway, but emotion.  I felt emotional about John. Just this welling emotion, streaming tears.  I was straddling a chair, leaning forward, my arms bent at my sides.  My arms were through my zip hoody worn covering my front, open in the back.  I was leaning on a pillow.  It was comfortable most of the time.  Occasionally I needed to adjust my head or shift my feet.  I waited for ink dip pauses.  The spot that triggered this emotion wasn't an area I remember John touching more than any other.  I don't understand why that particular spot triggered emotions, but I embraced it the two moments it happened.  Memories, internal feeling, the tears.  Little bursts and it was done.

I found the process relaxing.  The tattoo composition is a teardrop shape going from just skimming under my left shoulder to my lower right hip.  From bottom to top I have a large peony over my right hip, in the center of my waist a chrysanthemum, above that on back left rib cage a dahlia, and a bud just skimming under my left shoulder blade.  Within the composition are a few leaves and buds.  The whole thing was hand drawn before outlining.

Initially I wanted a different grouping... I'm still not sure I don't wish I had that grouping.  As it is I love it though. It flows beautifully.

When I wear a cami only part of the dahlia shows, with the bud and a leaf showing.  In the other composition more would have shown, and honestly, I think that is what I regret... that little bit of show across the top of the cami. 

I can add to it, but then it would nearly be a full back piece.  As it is just above the my shoulders, upper center back, and right rib cage are clear.  A small portion of my lower left hip is also clear.


In a month I go back for color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment