Friday, May 3, 2013

Gobbsmacked

Today was, well...

Today was the second day of my period, just for starters.  Anyone that is over the age of Ew! knows a woman's second day is typically the day of heaviest bleeding and most discomfort.  The day she is most likely to feel as though she has been hit by a truck, drug an extra 50 ft. and then left under one of the 18 big truck tires, thankful because at least she can close her eyes and rest now.

But not me.  Nope.  It is the typical second day discomfort, but I have things I have to do.  After Midol extra strength, not so bad.  Definitely doable.

It was the rest of the day that was... what it was.

I had made plans several days before to hang out with my gf and meet her mother for the first time.  The both of them are convinced, sweetly and a little creepily, I was stolen from their family.  Actual birth and genetics don't matter to them.  Initially we were to meet at 8:30am for breakfast.  Then 9, then 10... then 12pm for lunch at an Asian Fusion place similar to PF Changs, but better.  Thankfully the time didn't change, again.  However I find out my gf's hubbie behaved very, very classlessly and frankly, stupid weak mannishly toward her mother who decided it was time to cut her trip several days short (and I don't blame her at ALL) and I got to hear the fear driven, f-bombing, anxiety ridden tale in full.  Twice, or more. 

The food was delicious.  Duck, Seered Ahi, Apple Pork.  The conversation, while intense, not horrible.  I think I helped Zen it a bit.


The very best part. 
My sons father, my ex husband, informed me a few days ago he'd be coming to town to spend a few days with the boys.  Cool!  Then I realized I did not clarify.
'Are the boys staying with you Friday and Saturday, are you picking them up after school?'
Ughh, well do you wanna go out of town, cuz if you do I can keep em.  But I was planin on pickin them up and takin them to dinner, takin them back to you, then getin them at nine, hangin out for a bit then brinin them back to you cuz I'm leavin town Sunday mornin. I won't be at Mom's because I'm stayn at Mike's
'Hmmm, okayyyy... well I thought you were going to keep them for the weekend but whatever'  (Whatever because anything more is met with stonewalling and fake lack of understanding)

He picks them up after school.  At 4:15 the boys walk through the door.
'Oh, boys hey! Are you already done with dinner and hanging out with your dad?'
My son: No, we figured we'd hang out here.'

Gobbsmacked.

The three of them walk in.  My ex sits on the couch and let's me know he figured he'd just order them pizza and watch the hockey game.  He didn't have anywhere else to go...
Um, How about the gigantic pizza buffet place with all the video games and sports channels?  You can ignore them for six hours if you want and watch hockey!  They'll feel like they had an Awesome time with you, their DAD.  I don't go there, but YOU can!

Gobbsmacked.  As I Think this and I am writing the number down for the pizza delivery my ex asks my son to change the channel because I've seen that movie before.  I thank GOD I am not longer married to him over and over and over again like a chant.

'I have a 5:15 client.  I'm going to work now.'  It's 4:20 I race for the door really uncomfortable to leave my ex in my home but because of my second day of my period figure I can fight the good fight another day.

My youngest is already in his room with the door closed, his version of 'whatever'.  I leave My Home and go to work 45 minutes early so I can sit there in shock feeling as though my third son just invaded my space unannounced and unbathed.

I wait for my client.  She's rescheduled this appointment twice and then messages me to let my know she's going to be 15 minutes late. Greaaaaaaaaat.

I finish up, later than I want.  I drive home.  He. Is. Still. Here!

I message my friend and ask if she is still out.  I message my sister and tell her, she's is super late to meet me already anyway, to meet me at the bar my other friend is at.

Night ends in laughter.

Tomorrow has Got to be a much better day.

1 comment: