Saturday, April 5, 2014

Conversation


I miss it.  I miss talking about music, art, ideas. 

I'm not a fan of participating much on topics of politics, religion...people often become rabid dogs when those subjects come up.  I also feel terribly uninformed (politics) because it is such a Pandora's Box of nightmares.  As for religion, I think it is the work of the devil and I think he is getting a good and possibly endless belly laugh over it.

Tonight I am chatting with the lead singer of MGT, that metal band I saw Thursday night.  He's smart and cool and chill.  He knows what Star Bellied Sneeches are.  No one knows what I am referencing.  I'm absolutely stunned. 

You know what this feels like?  It's like when someone is neighborly, or just polite.  It is so shocking a joyous a moment.  A simple thing, a thing that should be Normal and everyday, a thing like neighborly politeness is almost miraculous.  It is a moment when my faith is restored in humanity.

What happened?  Was it the news only reporting awful, sad, negative, sensational things that started the decline of old fashioned normalcy?

Why am I so incredibly impressed by a good conversation?



No comments:

Post a Comment