Friday, April 4, 2014

Audies Oddities


The Exhibition.  Six photographs were my favorites.  One model in particular I really love.  She translates as though there is no photographer.  As though She is Joy.  Lovely.

I ran into his sister and her friend coming in, which made me happy.  Inside there were a few people milling about enjoying a bit of wine, a taste, some art.  A few friends liking his work. 

After the showing I guess a few bands were playing at a local dive so we decided to have a beer.  I figured I'd have one and leave.  Two punk bands were set to play.  We stayed.  One was very seventies punk, kind of Black Sabbath but with that screaming death metal vocal thing.  Damn, if these boys would just mellow the lyrics they'd be phenomenal.  The second band...I bought the CD.  They just pulsed.  I really like a band that comes together, whatever genre of music.  I like the base and drums to be a strong foundation with lyrics and lead/rhythm guitar weaving and tying it all together.  This Kansas band did it.  I was impressed.  My son will really like them.  I thought the Local Natives were good, but on CD they translate so much quieter than what they were live.  I really like them, so does my youngest.  But my oldest son likes metal.  He's a drummer and he would have loved this band. 

I met the lead singer after.  Very personable guy.  Likes to play metal, but listens to blues and anything but metal.  I liked him.  He's great.  Speaks French, Norwegian, and Swedish. I could have spoken to him longer.

My ears feel it still, but not so bad.

The very cream of it came just after.  Adam.

I turned and he was there.  He was speaking to one of the guys that had been at the exhibition, and a friend of my friend.  Everyone knows everyone in this town. 

I made eye contact.  For me this is a pretty big deal.  I didn't speak to him.  I'd made eye contact that first time but still did that thing where I don't acknowledge it, this time I know he knows who he's looking at.  I listened to him as he spoke.  He's kind of goofy.  I wanted to say hello but he was so chatty.  Just two stools away.  It's like we are in a motion we can't even see, circling closer and closer.  I am not a stalker, ha, it's just fun to consider.  And safe.  Daydreams and fluffy clouds and daisy petals falling one by one.

Then this incredibly plain girl walked up to him.  My friend had gone out for a smoke and came back about the same time she showed up.  I can't say anything about Adam to him because he pretends he likes me, spends time trying to either kiss me or convince me he really does like me.  Which I Again explained is not where I am at.  So I figure I am on my own. 

When she arrived I unhooked my purse from under the bar and told my friend I was going to head home, my friend walked me to my car, as friends.

It was a great night. 

I enjoyed some art, not just my friends photography was displayed in the studio.  I saw a couple of punk bands and had a couple of beers.  I felt pretty.  My friend always throws it out there but it is hard to take anything he says seriously as he is sort of known for being in love with Everyone, you know what I mean?  I'll admit it was nice to see I had an effect on others.  I felt like honey.  Nothing creepy or uncomfortable, it was refreshing. 

And after it all Adam walked in.  So what if it is just sugar floss and fragile and silly.  It's kept a smile on my face since I sat in my car to drive home until now.  The Romantic in me is stirring and the Jaded and Injured girl is sitting down for a spell.

I'd like to think that admission he made when we were seeing each other will still be rooted in him, but in a good way.  That he'll find himself thinking of me, asking after me.  That I become a quiet constant.

I don't know if the girl that arrived is his girlfriend or not.  I think it is likely.  I want it to be a passing thing, however long it lasts, or has lasted. 

If I'm just fantasizing I am okay with that too.  It feels innocent and fresh...something I haven't felt in a long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment