Friday, July 18, 2014

Phonetic


Last night I made a light shrimp and pasta dinner with a delicate Chardonnay.  I actually drank a glass with my dinner.  It's not that I don't like wine.  I just don't love wine.  Perhaps I am flawed.  It seems everyone in my age group and a little older here in California just Love their wine and Harley's.  I like motorcycles.  I am not a, 'Ohhhh, he has a Harley, I must land that Man!'  I say this because, well, I hear something along those lines a lot.

So, I drank some wine last night.  Wine has a way of relaxing me instantly.  In fact, I get a little too relaxed.  It is nearly a date-rape kind of relaxed.  I am usually very tired after I drink wine. 

I drank some wine last night and I wasn't Torchwood, but it was on and doing that 'next episode in 20 seconds' thing that I love, and I was online.

I, with wine-induced-impulsiveness, put myself on a dating site. 

First impression... not as horrible as I expected, yet.  And...some guys are just painfully Dumb.

One guy is the (essentially) one word messager. 
Hello. 
~Hello. 
Good?
My name is Eu.
(after a rather long delay I reply)
~Is that Phonetic?
(he waited a while)
What does that mean?

Yes, he, did.

I explained it to him. 

Yes (he replied) It means strength.
(I looked it up and found no reference to strength but it is a symbol on the periodic table)
~What language is your name in?  I looked it up.  I found it means Well, Good in the Greek.  It is also the symbol for the chemical element europium. So is your name pronounced Ew?

Am I a Bitch for finding this entertaining?  I am.  I am sort of being a Bitch.

I have had inboxes that say:
Daaaaaamn!
Gorgeous :)
Hi
Hello

Really?  Is this why I haven't been approached in Real Life?

I think three men were able to form a coherent sentence. 

One guy had the nerve to tell me I wrote a lot of Words.  I check his profile.  I'd almost like to copy and post it here.  I'm wordy?!!?  He went on an on revealing what sarcastic woman hater he was. 

It's fascinating.

For now I like that I can just delete or block anyone that is ridiculously proving themselves to be a penis head.  Or simply ignore them. 

Is no one capable of having a conversation anymore?  I think that might actually be a serious turn on for me.

And the profiles men put up!  The pictures of themselves they choose.

They need help...

A lot of professional help.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe he thought Phonetic was an ethnic group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I am dying. I have been wanting to respond to this since I saw it the other day.
    I'd like you know he Phonetically spelled his name again and said,

    You, my internet is down, call me (*his number)

    Lord, Help Me

    I just want to say this...if someone message you a word and you didn't know it wouldn't you LOOK IT UP?!!?
    Clearly my standards are ridiculous. I feel like I am in that Luke Wilson movie, Idiocracy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to clarify, You is how you pronounce his name Eu. See how I may have been confused? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ignore my typos... this dating site thing is dumbing me down and exhausting me.

    ReplyDelete