Friday, April 19, 2013

Parental Discretion - A Rant

To My Sons,

You are assholes.  You are selfish.  You have finally convinced me.  I'm done being your Mom.

Like your father, like your grandmothers... I am now no longer here.  You can now make the effort and maybe I'll respond.  Like them.

It's a win, win.  Your father is right.  The parent that makes 5x more than I do and Admittedly underpays child support has it right.  You don't need braces, even though your dentists since you were little have said you absolutely do.  You don't need drivers training.  When you really want a driver's license you can pay and make the effort to get it, by yourselves.  You can get your own car.  Hell, I had to.

Maybe you'll finally stop treating me like a dumb bitch when I stop being there, and making everything nice for you.

You haven't spoken to your father since he moved in early December, before John died and while our lives were thrown into chaos.  No contact from him to you until You called him, and had a wonderfully mature conversation with him where You offered information about school and your life to him... I kindly ask you a question and your answer is 'IDK' and you treat me like I'm a stupid bitch that doesn't appreciate how you need me to just be silent and shell out money.

Remember when I said that legally all that is required of me is to feed, cloth, and provide shelter for you?  Welcome to the New Fucking Order.

Your surf/skate name brand clothing you're growing out of?  Walmart is your new provider, because honestly, even Target is a bit pricey and has some cool factor.

The endlessly consumed snacks and deli-meats and going out to eat (not as much lately, but still it happens)... done.

Milk/cheese (and not the good cheese either), cereal, bread, peanut butter, veggies, fruit, necessities.  NO extra.  And no lunch money for the yummy shit at school either.  Pack your meager lunches and enjoy them. Or Don't Eat.  The school will know you will be making your lunch and will no longer have accounts. You'll  have food, you just probably won't find it wonderfully delicious.

With the money I will be saving I will treat myself.  I will take myself out more, I will buy myself things I want.

Oh, and your gaming systems, games, and things you've had confiscated due to me trying to get you to understand there are consequences for your  OTT actions that you, my oldest son, informed me I didn't have a right to take (IPod) even though I paid for it, and paid for the downloads for it ... I'm now either selling and or, like the IPod for example, taking for my benefit now.

Any money you get from your grandma's on birthday's and holidays use it wisely because it will be the only way you'll get the extras you want.

Sports equipment... your dad can buy it but don't count on it.  He's always made sure he has what he wants but never did support your interests.

That was me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment