Friday, June 7, 2013

Reading Is Bad

Yesterday I arrived at work a little early for my client, as usual.  My co-worker was there with her girlfriend.  The Chinese ones I went to lunch with a few weeks ago.  We exchanged pleasantries, Irene (I'm sure that is her Chinese name given at birth) thrusted some packaged snack at me.  It looked like the crystallized, candied Ginger only white.  It was coconut and it was delicious.  They complimented me on not being like other white people in that I am unafraid to try new things.  I told them I learned a very long time ago to try, that way I don't have to regret years of not being able to enjoy something... like crab or calamari.  Picture a stubborn ten year old, crying at the table terrified of the 'seafood' in front of her.  Having her parents Force a bite, and the dawning excitement coming over her face at the first bite.  After that I am sure they regretted that particular force feeding.  I love seafood now.

Why is reading bad?  Reading is bad I am a little superstitious.  Nothing like not changing my socks during a summer long winning streak at baseball... just... enough that it created some superstitious paranoia which led to some actual anxiety. 

I have mentioned I have little capacity for extra triggers. 

You see, I forgot it was the Year of the Snake.  For me this is a year of trial.  Duh.  An unlucky year for finances:  Don't borrow for it may be a difficult recovery as there may be unexpected expenses that come up.  Too late.  Now I am dreading any More unexpected expenses.  This year has been a bitch like that.

I should dress modestly because if I don't I will attract a bad man.  Well... I think I dress modestly, but according to whom?  If you are fundamentally, legalistically religious I am probably the Whore of Babylon.  I don't do the Low-High-and-Tight thing.  I do like wear pretty things that are feminine. 

In health I need to watchful of accidents and falls.  Well, I am a klutz and John used to say I was a terrible driver.  He drove like eighty year old woman that was nearly blind.  His assessment of my driving was probably the one area he could feel superior in the relationship because outside of being devious (he was very devious) we were fairly equal.  I drive the speed limit, I don't always look at my phone, and I have never been in an accident that was my fault.  I guess I need to watch out for accidents in which other people fall on me.

I can't remember any other categories but they were all about the same.  Big red flags of warning.

So I was nervous.  Mainly about the financial bit because this year has been one big financial stressful pile of OMG help me get through This.

I even cried.  I'm pathetic.

So I'll amend that to Reading Chinese Horoscope year pamphlets is Bad.

This Year has been rather awful.  Thankfully I am enduring.  It's already been six months.  I can do this.  It's just a year and I'm not Chinese, I'm not even Asian.

I'm Scottish, French, Welsh, and Russian.  Read that.  I'm hardy, I'm spirited, I'm a little crazy, I'm a fighter.  I'm passionate about living, even if it seems like I am in a holding pattern running low on fuel and ammo. 

It's just six more months until another year.  I don't know enough about it but next year better be Boss! 

I think I am okay.  I'm happy, even with all the downs, all the tears, all the hits.

It's the little things.  Tonight I am going out with a girlfriend, and invited another, to a local Winery (they sample other local wineries as well) for live music.  A Rockabilly/Rock-n-Roll band. 

My prayer as usual these days, God get me through this month.

I'm going to go read something now.

2 comments:

  1. I don't like COMMITTING to new things. I think that's different from merely trying them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Committment can be too big a personal responsibility even if you are the only one that knows about it. Trying them on is a good idea... maybe I should adopt that concept!
    Hello btw! You are the only one that reads me other than blog trolling sites LOL
    Thank GOD

    ReplyDelete