Monday, July 29, 2013

Where We Stand

People don't stick
You can't throw them against the wall to test them out.  To know ahead of time if they'll be there when the low downs come to soul town.

They let me down.

People don't stick
They don't stick around when they're needed.  They get tired and have their own sticky lives to deal with.

I've let them down.

People don't stick
No matter how hard I try, they leave me laying in the dark wondering where they've gone off to.  Shhhh, the loneliness is loud

My heart is down

People don't stick
They lie about why or leave silently like the sun being eaten up by shadows.  Reflections of them are lessons

Swallow the loneliness down

People don't stick
They treat your bad times like a catching disease, wishing me the best and don't call me please

down, down

People don't stick
Not family born, not family made.  They don't stick, they trade up

Twisted down

You let me down...

People don't stick
I've spent years trying to form bonds that last only to have the trying cut deep grooves in my trust

Slipped down

People don't stick
The list is life long, life moments of comers and goers

But You, You let me down

People don't stick
Not a word, not a sound.  Don't shoot the messenger, I guess with you the memories are best left in that box marked I love you, but unopened and stunted with out action

You let me down

No comments:

Post a Comment